Hi there! This is Haris Nadeem, a passionate technologist and marketer who has spent the last 15+ years working on the Internet building high-traffic websites 🚀 around Android, gaming and computers in general. On the side, I work with Google to empower the local developer community 👨🏻💻 with latest technologies.
I’m a seasoned SEO and content monetization consultant who has helped online businesses monetize their web properties and make more money 💸.
As a technology community builder, I’ve spent the last 10 years of my life growing the developer community in Lahore, helping both students and professionals learn important technical skills and build their careers. As part of this, I’ve focused my efforts on three fronts:
- Enabling students by bridging the gap between industry and academia by collaborating with universities often to organize student jams and codelabs, as well as work with administrators to push modern technologies in university curriculum.
- Highlighting top developers in Pakistan by engaging them for talks and other sessions, recognizing them for their skills and efforts, as well as allowing others to learn from them.
- Engaging developers at all levels to build a dynamic and diverse community of engineers for mutual learning and growth.
Fun Fact: I have never had an office or a formal workspace. All these years, I have worked out of coffee shops and co-working spaces hopping from one place to another. This has allowed me to always build remote-first companies and manage my team remotely.
Why This Blog?
I wanted to may be set up a Notion public page of all my cool findings online, but instead decided to write and share here. I have always wanted to maintain a personal blog and write more, but the plan falls back every time when I get busy with a project.
Going to give this one more shot and see how it goes over the next few months.
I’m married to Hafsa Zulfiqar, who currently runs Vanilla by Hafsa Zulfiqar – a specialty coffee shop and bakery cafe.
I’m based out of Lahore, the second largest city of Pakistan 🇵🇰.
Not many know this, but I dropped out of university in my final year. This was back in 2016. I was getting a bachelors degree in Computer Sciences but eventually decided to drop out so I could focus more on my online businesses.
This was one of the best decisions I took. No regrets there! 👌🏼
These are some highlights of what projects I’m currently working on:
Google Developer Group (GDG), Lahore
Community Manager • 2012 – Present
As a co-manager for GDG Lahore, my team has organized 60+ meetups, codelabs, hackathons and large-scale conferences around various Google and non-Google technologies. Moreover, I…
- Grew the community from the first 30 members in 2012 to 15,000+ members over the past 10 years, reaching over 50,000+ people in total through in-person and online channels, and saw an average of 10% year-over-year growth.
- Focused efforts on diversity and inclusion, pushing for at least 50% attendance from women and minorities.
- Helped core team reach over 1M+ people through code and content contributions on developer networks such as GitHub and StackOverflow.
- Collaborated with 50+ partners (including universities, startups, accelerators, software agencies, govt. programs) over speakers, agenda, budget, and more for the successful execution of events.
- Partnered with brands like Coca-Cola, Nestle, Telenor, Uber, GitHub, PUBG (Tencent), Vivo Mobile, Pepsi, Nescafe, Red Bull, JetBrains etc. for sponsorships and in-kind support, raising over $50,000 in sponsorships over the years.
- Developed strong connections with major software companies, early-stage startups, govt. officials, industry executives, academia, and the top developers in the country for collaboration purposes.
In the past…
Founder & Chief Editor • 2012 – 2020
Previously, I founded Team Android. This was a technology blog about modifying Android phones, tablets and accessories with a readership of over 2M+ monthly readers, managed entirely from Pakistan.